Sunday, December 13, 2009

Grading, grading, grading... and listening to Christmas Music

It's that time of semester where you guys are either done or finishing finals... and I'm grading my eyes out! LOL. I'm trying to get everything done so that you guys can have your final grades via Blackboard soon. I must say, though, I'm actually enjoying this. :) While it is work, I love reading what you guys have to say, whether it's in the essays or in the blogs. Look out for my comments. :) I'm glad no one's around right now because I'd look rather silly - I laugh out loud, talk to the screen, and make hand gestures while I'm reading/grading. Yea, I'll be okay. ;)

While I'm grading, my son is sleeping and I'm listening to the Holly channel on the XM radio (via TV). I love this time of the year and I can't wait to really be able to enjoy it. Our house is decorated (mostly thanks to my hubby), our Christmas tree is up, our nativity set is up, our gazillion stuffed Santa Mickey's and parachuting Santa's are up, our stockings are up, and our advent "house" is up. Oh yea, our countdown to Christmas is also up along with an array of light-up musical toys that my son loves to press all at once, leading to a disjointed chorus of Christmas carols.

I also FINALLY got a semi-decent picture of my son by the tree so I can send out Christmas cards. Of course, my son looks rather gaunt since this stomach bug that hit him this week left him some three pounds lighter. He wasn't much in the mood to smile, but I was able to get a cute one out of some fifty-some pics I took. Thank goodness for digital cameras! (Ah, technology). I wanted a pic with Santa (those have been the pics for the last two years), but unfortunately, health and time haven't been on my side.

I'm not complaining though. I have had a wonderful semester thanks to all of you. I wish you all so much luck and success in every aspect of your lives. If you'd like to stay in touch, by all means, please do! And in the manner of Hamlet's ghost: "Adieu, adieu, adieu. Remember me."

3 comments:

  1. It must be a pain having to grade so many papers.. my gosh when i think about it now... it sounds like torture.. YOU'RE MY HERO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha, yes you shall be perfectly fine. i sorta regret having named my blog boom boom pow so i shall be fingding you through another blog im gonna create since i have decided to keep writing on this blog thing. i like it , you know, it gives me a sense of sanity. and plus i get to bother you whever i can.. you truly have shown me that there are no reasons for someone to not be happy.. your sons health and all still kept you going, and even your pinky toe didnt stop you. thank you for showing me thats theres still some of us out there. ill stay in touch.. good luck with grades. merry christmas aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnddd according to blackboard i have a 89.33 , if for some reason you need subway :) let me know, my offer will stand forever. -$

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey, whats going on with blackboard..i was curious to know what grade i got..

    ReplyDelete