Friday, April 16, 2010

ASSIGNED TOPICS: ALL CLASSES

We're nearing the end of the semester. In a week and a half, classes are over and we're left in the disarray of finals week. Then, it's officially summer (well, not officially in the sense of the season, but officially in the academic world). So what do you have planned for the summer? Are you traveling anywhere? Are you taking classes (and if so, what classes)? Are you relaxing, heading to the beach? Is there a special even planned?

For me, I'm looking forward to relaxing, writing, and spending time with my son! I will be teaching, but it will be online, which means that my days will be free! I hope to enroll my son in music and swimming classes, and I'm looking forward, in May while he's still in school, to spend some hours in a Starbucks, writing, reading, and drinking my caramel macchiato. I also hope to sew. Yes, you read correctly. I'm hoping to sew. On my to-do list for sewing are sheets for my son and Halloween costumes! I also want to practice some photography techniques. AND I'm looking at possibly taking a class online. Oh yea, I still want to go to the pool/beach and get some sun! Who knows if I'll have enough time to do everything, but the biggest thing is that I'm hoping to relax. I do have one "vacation" planned, and that's a Disney cruise to the Bahamas. =p I'm SO looking forward to that, especially because the grandmas are going so that means we can truly relax! This will be my second summer off since I was seventeen! I plan on squeezing every second from it!

8 comments:

  1. Enrolling your son in swimming and music sounds so fun! Im sure he will enjoy it. I want to enroll Aden in swimming classes but I think he may still be too young (he is 17 months, almost 18). If you dont mind me asking, do you have a link to where you are enrolling him? I want to know what the minimum age they start giving lessons is.

    Have a good and relaxing (well, as much relaxation as you can get, lol) summer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds amazing! I always wanted to go on a Disney Cruise I hear there so much fun. You guys will have a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of that sound like fun...Oh you should get a relaxing summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great plans!!! Cruises are fun and good idea with little kids. These ships have very nice programs even for toddlers. Few years ago I went to Alaska on a cruise and my kids loved all the activities in the youth program.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like fun fun fun.. think i might be goin on a cruise this summer too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you have a great time for the summer. the time is now when we should all take deep breaths and release some energy by saying finally we are done.

    Take some time to be with family and the things you like to do. you know that there is never time for "ME" so take advantage this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds like so much fun. You deserve a vacation. You are a wonderful professor. I was honored to be in your class. Thanks for everything. When you are on your boat, just remeber to take a moment and EXHALE. Have lots of fun. Have a great summer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. im also debating on wether to take online classes...enjoy your summer!

    ReplyDelete