Tuesday, January 6, 2009

New beginnings and change

The scent of new beginnings is around me. Not only is it a fresh new semester, but it's a new year - a year that holds many promises. I was happy to see 2008 come to an end - it was a rough year for me, and a year that brought about an array of changes. Some of those changes were thrust upon me; I had no choice but to bow my head and accept them. Other changes I sought out and welcomed like a breath of fresh air. Regardless, 2009 brings me to Broward College and the new challenges and joys that await me as faculty here.

C'est la vie. That's life. Right?

So here we are. The first day of classes in January 2009. Teaching three classes in a row during lunch hours is very interesting. I felt my energy doing a major dive by the end of the day, and that mixed with no coffee was a recipe for a headache. Luckily, I found the nearest Starbucks after my last class and relaxed with caffeine and some music.

I look forward to seeing everyone's blogs and what creative energy is brought to the table. Each class has its own unique energy, and every student brings something to the table in creating that energy. I can't wait to see what this semester has in store for all of us.

1 comment:

  1. I'm looking foward to 2009 as well!!! 2008 was filled with many disapointments that I have to leave behind....

    ReplyDelete