Saturday, November 27, 2010

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 1

I finally watched it and it was disappointing. I liked it, sure, but I wasn't wowed. I'll be writing a longer, more detailed review in my personal blog once I get some sleep, but, in a nutshell, I was not impressed. Though I know the movies will never be the same as the books, and usually, the book is way better than the movie, I was expecting a certain faithfulness to the order of events, scenes, and characters. This first part of the two-part finale fell short (in my humble opinion) of what the storyline offered. It felt rushed (possibly because they crammed two-thirds of the book into the first part (almost three hours). The scenes felt choppy, unfinished; before I was finished figuring out what was going on in one, the next one happened. It's like they had to get all this stuff in so they jumped around.

Some things worked (like the shortening of the beginning, before the trio leaves - it worked for me) but some things didn't (the whole added dance scene in the forest after Ron leaves - eh. Didn't work for me AT ALL). But that's movie-making.

But again, I will be writing a more detailed review, in case anyone's interested. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment