Thursday, March 19, 2009

Harry Potter

So my newest obsession is Harry Potter. I finally read Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince in preparation for the film's release this July, and now I'm finding that I have to re-read the last book of the installment: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I started backwards, if you will, with the whole Harry Potter phenomena. I had never read the books when I was younger, and instead found myself fascinated with the movies. Both my husband and I love those types of movies. So, after the 5th movie, The Order of the Phoenix, I couldn't wait any longer and bought the last book of the series. That was the first Harry Potter book that I actually read. Then, I bought book 6 and read that one. I'm now anxiously awaiting the release of the film because I love comparing films and books, and I will finally be able to compare Harry Potter. Up until now, I've only been able to talk about the films. Now I can talk about both!

Other than Harry Potter, I'm looking forward to the rest of the semester! I hope to be able to keep up with the grading (not like I have much of a choice, now do I?). We get into interesting territory now, in both 1101 and 1102 classes! And before we know it, the end will be here and we'll be on our way into summer! Hip, hip, hurray!

Anyway, I hope you all have a wonderful, safe, and dry weekend, and I'll see you all next week!

2 comments:

  1. I read all the harry potter books and I really enjoyed reading them. I too cannot wait for the movie although it never is as good because they either cut some parts out or change it to adapt it for the screenplay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son just started reading (at least I hope he did) the first Harry Potter book. He needed a new book to keep in his backpack for silent reading in school and I suggested Harry Potter. He didn't seem too thrilled, however I managed to talk him into it. I think he will start to enjoy it, even though I have never read it or seen any Harry Potter movies. The kids seem to like it. My daughter has all the books, but didn't really like it. I guess it's not the type of books she is interested in.

    ReplyDelete