Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The End of the Semester

Well, first of all I wanted to say thank you to all of you for a wonderful semester, craziness and all. You have welcomed me to the BC community and I thank you for that. I have truly enjoyed myself and I hope that you have as well, in between learning a few things here and there. ;)

My hope is that you've learned skills that will help you beyond ENC 1101 or 1102, skills that will help you in your future careers, not just in the rest of your academic stay at BC. These skills include critical thinking, following directions, incorporating research, preparing information, knowing audience and tone, and many more.

For those of you in ENC 1101, I hope that our readings and discussions (circle time anyone?!) were interesting and prodded you to think. After all, we should all be thinkers and not just follow a preset mold. You all have the ability to reason and think critically about topics - use it.

For those of you in ENC 1102, I hope that the selections of short stories and poems were interesting, too. I hope that the discussions we had helped you "read between the lines" and that they allowed you to have more focused strategy. I hope that you enjoyed the projects and that apart from skills discussed above, I was able to interest you (at least slightly!) in the lives and works of the authors we read. And I hope you found some enjoyment in Hamlet, especially when acting the scenes.

For both 1101 and 1102 students, believe it or not, the critical thinking that went into writing the in-class essays and out-of-class essays leaves in you specific skills that will help you in the future.

Thank you again, and in the words of Hamlet's Ghost: Adieu. Adieu. Adieu. Remember me.

2 comments:

  1. OH MY GOD! YOU ARE SOOOOO AWESOME! I am definitely going to miss you and being in your class. I will for sure be saying hi to you in the halls whenever I see you! I am glad that you felt welcomed into our BC community. Everyone should have the privilage to be in at least ONE of your classes. Take care and keep in touch! I will for sure still be blogging on here since I already have an account lol. Thanks for everything!
    Nikki =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I can write an essay even in my dreams.... =) ....good luck to u too ma'am. Hope u have more fun at BC......

    ReplyDelete