Saturday, April 11, 2009

Someone stole my credit card number!

UGH! I got an email today from my bank that there were some questionable transactions. Great, I thought, but when we called, I nearly fell off my chair. Turns out that someone took my credit card number (because we had our cards) and charged over $17,000!!! The first transaction was done in Hialeah for the $17K at an auto glass shop 3 days ago, and the others were either gas stations or Home Depots in FL and MD! I felt like saying, are you serious?! I started trying to backtrack and see where I used my card last, but I guess it's almost impossible to track. Sigh. Just be careful with your stuff. You don't need to have the physical cards stolen to get robbed. I am grateful though that we were alerted today instead of when the next statement came in.... that would have been disastrous! And thankfully, it was the credit card and not the ATM/debit card. That would've been worse!

Hope you're all having a better weekend. ;) For those of you that celebrate Easter, Happy Easter! For those that are celebrating Passover, Happy Passover!

8 comments:

  1. The same thing happened to me, however they did not spend as much on mine as they spent on yours. They used a receipt to retrieve my account number so they could use it. They used it on the phone since you do not need a physical card. One of the things I used to do when I worked at the bank was handle fraud. I saw alot especially when payments were taken out of peoples accounts using a credit card. You should not have a problem fixing your credit, however it is frustrating wondering who did it and how did they get your info. Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really stinks. I could never imagine someone else using my card to drain my accounts. I guess that is why you always have to be careful because it seems that identity theft and all that is happening a lot more these days. Hope you get it all worked out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really sorry to hear that. Some people these days are cruel and don't care about their actions. I hope everything get better and wish that loser is found and get arrested for his/her done action. Since nobody have been writing their blogs I just wrote you a comment especially after what I just read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats a bummer.That happened to my mom but instead of her credit card number getting stolen, they stole the the indiviual case of cards out my moms purse and my mom had to cancel all of them. Then they caught the person trying to use the cards because they were all denied and the clerk at the register reported him. At least it was the credit card and not your debit or ATM because theat would be your money their really stealing. Thats crazy that they charged over 17,000 thousand dollars. They went on a shopping spree.

    ReplyDelete
  5. JESUS! $17,000! good lord! I don't have to worry about that, my credit score is enough of a deterrent lol...I wish that it wasn't so easy to steal credit, but all I can say is buy a paper shredder, people can go into your trash and steal those pre-approved credit card offers and use them...it's just that easy! Be careful! and GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man..... this is bad, ur tone tells you are out of the problem....plz take care.. that is a huge amount!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. That is terrible! I am sorry to hear that. I hope everything gets resolved. Don't worry. Karma will come back and bite them in the you-know-what. Goodluck with everything and Happy Easter! See you tomorrow. =]

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow thats horrible i'm sorry such a horrific even happened to you..that had to have been the worst stomach ache ever!! And the worst part is that it happens when you least expect it..But like nikki said I'm a definite believer and karma and what comes around goes around and twice as bad..hopefully you will be able to solve everything :)

    ReplyDelete