Sunday, August 30, 2009

Sunday's Quote of the Day

I really like this quote by Bill Cosby, so I am going to post it here so it doesn't disappear from our minds:

"In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure."

This is very true in anything you do in life, not just school. I know many of you don't like writing, or think you're not good at it, etc., when in reality it just takes some hard work, believing in yourself (and a little bit of pixie dust - oops wrong program!). In all seriousness, this quote is marvelous. There's also another quote that I've been applying to my own writing. This one is by Esmeralda Santiago and it applies to writing directly:

"Inspiration is fickle; what you need is perspiration."

So, grab those deodorants and towels and start sweating!

No comments:

Post a Comment