Thursday, November 12, 2009

Another assigned topic: ALL CLASSES

So, just because I've been asked for more assigned topics, here's another one. You may use it for this week or next week.

Finish this thought: ___________ is the best feeling in the world.

(And no mind in gutters, please!)

Write one paragraph that begins with that line. The rest of the sentences in the paragraph should describe that feeling.

Here's mine:

Receiving an unexpected hug or kiss from my son is the best feeling in the world. I am sitting on the sofa at home with the laptop on my lap. My two-year-old son is sitting next to me watching Ni Hao Kai Lan. All of a sudden, he smiles at me and leans over, planting loud smacks on my arm. Then, he stands up (on the sofa) and throws his arms around me, laying his head on my shoulder. It makes my heart melt. I stop grading and hold him for a few seconds, knowing full well that in a matter of years he won't be offering up these moments of affection so easily. He doesn't say "I love you" very well yet, but this is just as good. It's one of those moments that erase easily any sleepless nights, back-talk, stubborn "no's," or pull-your-hair-out episodes. I live for these moments.

3 comments:

  1. I definitely know the feeling. You cannot feel that way if you do not have kids. No matter how much work you have or what you are doing, when you get unexpected kisses from your son, everyting else can wait. He probably felt the same way you did when you stopped what you were doing and just held him and hugged him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww this is soo cute! I cant share the feeling because i am not a mommy yet and hopefully wont be for a while =) But i hope that my son loves me as much as yours does! am pretty sure you are a great mom as you are a teacher =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww so cute! i love hearing about your son he seems adorable!

    ReplyDelete