Sunday, November 22, 2009

Multi-Tasking

I'm sitting out here on a black folding chair with my lap top on my, well, lap. I'm on Blackboard, grading papers, making quizzes, and preparing for this (short) week's assignments. And I'm blogging. I'm not in my house; no. I'm sitting on our front driveway, with a folding table full of white elephants that we've collected over the years. I'm sitting underneath a portable, blue "pop-up" tent that my husband put up, and I'm hoping it won't rain. And I'm enjoying the quiet breeze that tickles my skin. The sky, darkening some, promises rain, although I don't know whether that promise will be kept soon.

I'm multi-tasking.

I also have a somewhat mild case of cabin fever since I haven't really left my house much recently, especially over the last three weekends, particularly because of my son, then my, being sick. Today, I took some Tylenol Multi-Symptom cold meds (because I'm still not feeling great), and decided enough's enough. I have things to do, papers to grade, lessons to plan. If I'm not better (although I'm taking antibiotics, so hopefully, I soon will be better), then I at least have to simulate that I'm better so I can get stuff done. It's been rather productive, thank goodness.

My mom came over to help watch my son, although he's napping now. My husband is starting to put out some Christmas decorations. And I sit here, quietly, grading papers and waiting patiently for some customers who might want to relieve me of these white elephants on my driveway.

3 comments: