Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Thank Goodness for COld Meds

Last Monday, my husband woke up without a voice and a sore throat. As the week progressed, he developed cold symptoms, and I braced myself for getting sick. By the weekend, I had sighed relief thinking I wasn't going to get sick. After all, I would have already exhibited symptoms and so would my son, right? Well, yesterday I was very tired. I figured I had had an interrupted night's sleep (my son decided to wake up at 4:30 AM and didn't go back to sleep right away). But I was sore. My sciatica was acting up, my knees were hurting - I felt old and tired. LOL. I took some Tylenol cold PM last night and slept all night. I was sure a good night's rest was all I really needed.

This morning, I was surprised and frustrated to realize that I now had a sore throat. It wasn't too bad, just a slight scratch and minor soreness. Still, it wasn't a good sign. I took some Tylenol cold meds - they daytime ones. By the time I made it up to Pines, I felt better. I got my caramel macchiato, my foot long turkey and cheese sub (with water), and I was ready for the day. I got in, graded papers, prepared for classes, and life was good. Except, I still had a little scratch on my throat. Soon, that scratch would start aching again and by the end of the day, my throat was burning, my head was cloudy, and I was cold (even when it really wasn't that cold inside or out).

So what did I do? I took my next dose of Tylenol cold meds. I have to keep going; I have too much to do. So here I am, sitting at Starbucks, having (yet) another caramel macchiato, and grading and blogging. Then I'm off to pick up my son and continue my work at home. Fun times.

No comments:

Post a Comment